- Childbirth suites - Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital features comfortable, spacious childbirth suites so you can be as comfortable as possible.
- In room dining - New moms can enjoy delicious meals from the comfort and privacy of their own room between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. with our in-room dining service.
- Professional Photography - To help ensure you are able to capture the magic of your baby’s first days, we have partnered with Impressions Photography. During those first precious hours following your delivery, a photographer will take professional photographs of your newborn in a hospital studio located in close proximity to the postpartum suites. Each sitting, which can take as little as 10 minutes, is a family-focused event with options from traditional to contemporary shots. Photos can be accessed via a password protected site and shared with family and friends across the country and around the world. Once you have se-lected the shots you would like to keep, photos are developed overnight so that you will have prints on hand for your little one’s homecoming. Best of all there is no sitting fee, no obligation to purchase and digital files are never discarded should you decide to purchase at a later date. To schedule a photography sitting, call (615) 396-5437.
- Thursday’s Baby - One way we celebrate the special deliveries at Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is through Thursday’s Baby, a sponsored television segment featuring the first baby born each Thursday. You can view Thursday's Baby during Thursday's News Channel 5 evening newscasts, in Sunday's Murfreesboro Post or online at our YouTube channel.
- Online Nursery - Proud parents can utilize our online nursery to share a picture of their baby with friends and family around the world via our secure website. Photos are password protected and access is limited to individuals whom the new parents have designated.
- Gift services - Would you like to purchase a gift for a patient?
- Hospital Gift Shop - An array of gifts are available from the gift shop at Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital from flowers to gift baskets. Call (615) 396-4177.
- Lactation Boutique - A specialty boutique that caters to breastfeeding moms. Nursing apparel, breastpumps for rent or purchase, and other lactation essentials can be found here. For further assistance please call (615) 396-4167.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units - For critically-ill newborns, Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital offers a 16-bed Level IIb Neonatal Intensive Care unit, providing technology, expertise and timely care, and it's comforting to know that a neonatologist, an obstetrician and anesthesiologist are in-house 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.
Parents can rest assured that we are prepared to meet all of their newborn's needs with the latest technology and a highly-skilled, around-the-clock professional medical staff. Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital’s NICU is staffed with specialists devoted to the care of infants and their families.