- Our hospitals are frequently recognized by national organizations for outstanding quality in several areas.
- Saint Thomas West Hospital was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital and a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by Truven Health Analytics in 2014
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital was the first hospital in Tennessee to earn the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for Total Hip and Knee Replacement
- Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is one of the first facilities in Middle Tennessee to receive a three-year, full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Three Saint Thomas Health hospitals – Midtown, Rutherford and West – have Stage 6 of the HIMSS Analytics Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Adoption Model. Stage 6 hospitals have achieved a significant advancement in their IT capabilities that positions them to successfully address many of the upcoming industry transformations we will be experiencing in the near future (e.g., HIPAA Claims Attachment, pay for performance, and government quality reporting programs). Stage 6 hospitals are also well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders (e.g., payers, the government, physicians, consumers, and employers) to support electronic health record (EHR) environments and regional health information organizations (RHIOs).
All Saint Thomas Health facilities are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.