Ask Yourself These Questions
|Before you apply, ensure that you are able to fulfill the role of a volunteer with one of our Saint Thomas Health hospitals by asking yourself the following:|
- Am I at least 18 years of age or older and not enrolled in high school? If no, see the Junior Volunteer Program application process.
- Have I carefully considered my availability and know that I can commit to an ongoing service schedule?
- Do I have a positive attitude and a sincere interest in the hospital and its mission of serving others?
- Will I treat my volunteer responsibilities with the same respect that I do work and/or school obligations?
- Do I enjoy working in new situations, taking on different duties, or helping in additional ways based on the needs of the people around me?
- Am I comfortable in a clinical environment where I will see patients who are sick or in pain and families under stress?
- Am I committed and comfortable with the boarding process Saint Thomas Health requires including volunteer interviews, orientation, medical and background checks as well training (this may total as many as 4 trips to the hospital) before my actual volunteer shift begins?
- Do I willingly agree to submit personal references and approval for a criminal background check?
If you answer "yes" to all, please continue. If you answer "no" to any, it is possible that our organization may not meet your goals as a volunteer.
Click Here for Volunteer Program Requirements.