Heart disease is the #1 killer of both men and women in the U.S. Recognizing the warning signs of a heart attack and seeking immediate treatment could save your life.
Warning Signs of a Heart Attack:
- Chest discomfort
- Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arm
- Shortness of breath
- Indigestion or gas-like pain
- Unexplainable weakness or fatigue
- Sense of impending doom
- Discomfort or pain between the shoulder blades
Stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts.
Warning Signs of a Stroke:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital, Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital and Saint Thomas West Hospital are JCAHO Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain facilities, specially trained in the fastest, most effective stroke treatments.