Contact Saint Thomas Cancer Care Genetics: 615-284-2276.
Please click the following link for your Family History Questionnaire.
Genetic counseling and risk assessment should be considered if someone has a personal or family history of any of the following:
- Multiple close family members with cancer, especially the same type of cancer
- Cancer at a young age (age 50 and younger)
- Cancers that have a stronger genetic risk (i.e. ovarian cancer, male breast cancer)
- Multiple separate cancers in one individual
- A physical finding that is linked to hereditary cancer risk (such as many colon polyps)
- A known genetic mutation in the family (in one or more family members who had genetic testing)
- Cancer diagnosis in a member of an ethnic group at higher risk for inherited gene mutations (i.e. Ashkenazi Jewish)
For more information and educational materials, please visit our Health Library.