Patients and guests can access the Internet through Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital's high-speed wireless network, which is available from anywhere in Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital.
To access our wireless network, you will need:
- Your own laptop, PDA or other wireless-enabled device with a standard Internet browser and WI-FI 802.11 b/g capability.
- A proper operating system (Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Mac, Linux)
Note: A card that displays WI-FI approval should perform well. Installation requirements for specific cards vary by manufacturer. Please follow the manufacturer's recommendations when installing your card. Default settings for most cards are set to accept broadcast SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to install and use your internal/external wireless network card.
- Enable your wireless adapter.
- Select "Saint Thomas Guest" (case sensitive) as the SSID or network name.
- No WEP key is used. Turn encryption type to "off" or "disabled."
- Make sure the channel is set to auto.
- Make sure 802.1X authentications are set to "off" or "auto."
- Make sure the data rate is set to "auto."
- Make sure that the DHCP for your wireless adapter is on.
- Open your Web browser.
- Visit any website. You will be redirected to the Saint Thomas Health wireless login page.
- You will receive a warning about the website's security. Click accept, OK, continue, etc. to proceed.
- You will be asked to read and accept our Internet Use Policy.
- Click the check box to accept the policy and then click on the "log in" button.
Patients and guests are responsible for technical support of their own personal wireless devices.