Welcome to Pastoral Care at Saint Thomas MidtownSaint Thomas Midtown Hospital
Pastoral Care Department
2000 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37236
Saint Thomas Health Pastoral Care
Who We Are
The Saint Thomas Health pastoral care department is a group of dedicated APC/NACC Board-Certified chaplains, Clinical Pastoral Education students, and trained pastoral care volunteers from various faith traditions who serve throughout the entire system. At Saint Thomas Midtown we have three staff chaplains, including a priest, who serve alongside our students and volunteers. As a department, we strive to minister to the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, families, and staff. We promote the dignity of persons through our mission-driven ministry and patient-centered care. We are advocates for those in our care and strive to support their goals, wishes, and wholeness.
Meet our Staff
What We Offer
- Visitation and support for patients and families coping with an illness, difficult diagnosis, crisis, rehabilitation, and/or grief and loss
- Support for a wide variety of spiritual, cultural, and religious needs including the sacramental needs of various traditions
- Presence and support at a time of physical or spiritual crisis
- Presence and support when representatives from one's faith community are unavailable
- Spiritual and emotional support and conversation
- Ecumenical Service in the chapel on Sunday at noon
Catholic Mass is celebrated on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 12:00 noon.
- Catholic sacramental ministry is available 24/7 through the PBX operator at (615) 284-6543.
- Eucharistic ministry is provided on a daily basis.
- Priestly visitation is available for emergencies and upon request.
Patients and families may contact our department by calling (615) 284-5221 or by dialing 5221 from a patient’s room. Additionally, staff may make a referral upon patient or family request.
||Hours of Service
Monday – Friday: 7:30am – 7:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
On-call chaplains are available after-hours for emergencies. They may be contacted through the house supervisor. Please contact your nursing staff for this service.