Welcome to a supportive, faith-based environment where you can continue your nursing career. We recognize your experience brings a benefit to our staff and leadership teams. Our thorough and customized orientation program ensures you'll begin your career at Saint Thomas Health with guided steps. Opportunities for experienced registered nurses include full-time, part-time and PRN.
Here are just few of the nursing opportunities available at Saint Thomas Health:
- Medical/Surgical RNs: Saint Thomas Health offers positions in Medical/Surgical areas that provide compassionate patient care utilizing state-of-the-art technologies. Typical areas include: Cardiac, Telemetry, Surgical, Internal Medicine, Observation, Ortho/Neuro, Renal/Diabetic and Oncology.
- Critical Care RNs: Saint Thomas Health offers opportunities for experienced nurses in critical care settings to challenge your skills and broaden your expertise. Typical areas include: Neuro-ICU, MICU, SICU, CCU, Stepdown, Critical Care Pods and Special Care.
- OR RNs: Saint Thomas Health offers opportunities for experienced OR nurses in our various OR settings, from inpatient to outpatient. Our skilled physicians and nurses have led our facilities to consecutive 5-star ratings. Typical areas include: Cardiac including VAD Procedures and vein harvesting, Neuro, Orthopedics/Joint Replacement, General, and Bariatrics.
- RNFA's: Saint Thomas Health can provide certified RNFAs a comprehensive orientation, and a work environment that is second to none in teamwork and energy. There are a variety of surgical specialties in each of our facilities that can match your experience and provide you with the challenging and stimulating work you desire.
- Nurse Practitioners: Advanced practice nurses are key players in the delivery of comprehensive patient care. Opportunities are available in our outpatient family clinics and with our inpatient hospital Critical Care and Special Care areas.
- RN Training Programs: Take your career where you want to be. Training programs for the OR, Critical Care and Critical Care Stepdown are available throughout the year on select hospital campuses. All programs include paid training, with a work commitment following course completion. Check with each facility's nurse recruiter for availability.
- OR Internship Program: This AORN Perioperative Certified Course provides 6-months of paid training in the Cardiac OR or the Main OR. Must be a registered nurse with one-year bedside nursing experience.
- Critical Care and Critical Care Stepdown: The 6-week paid training course is designed for RNs with minimum one-year bedside nursing experience, but new grads will be considered. Clinical training offered with breakout sessions for Critical Care and Critical Care Stepdown.