Saint Thomas Health is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve.
Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
Our family of nine hospitals includes:
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital in Nashville (formerly Baptist Hospital)
- Saint Thomas West Hospital in Nashville (formerly Saint Thomas Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery in Nashville
- Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital in Murfreesboro (formerly Middle Tennessee Medical Center)
- Saint Thomas Hickman Hospital in Centerville (formerly Hickman Community Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Highlands Hospital in Sparta (formerly Highlands Medical Center)
- Saint Thomas River Park Hospital in McMinnville (formerly River Park Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Stones River Hospital in Woodbury (formerly Stones River Hospital)
- Saint Thomas DeKalb Hospital in Smithville (formerly DeKalb Community Hospital)
We also include Saint Thomas Medical Partners, a physician-led medical group providing primary care, specialty services, medical imaging, outpatient services and community-based medical practices through Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky.
www.ascension.org) is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2016, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Saint Thomas Health has been a ministry of Ascension since 2002.
Learn more about Ascension