Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Approximately 160,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers serve in 2,000 sites of care – including 137 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia.
Saint Thomas Health has been a ministry of Ascension since 2002.
Learn more about Ascension
Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
Our family of nine hospitals includes:
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital in Nashville (formerly Baptist Hospital)
- Saint Thomas West Hospital in Nashville (formerly Saint Thomas Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery in Nashville
- Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital in Murfreesboro (formerly Middle Tennessee Medical Center)
- Saint Thomas Hickman Hospital in Centerville (formerly Hickman Community Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Highlands Hospital in Sparta (formerly Highlands Medical Center)
- Saint Thomas River Park Hospital in McMinnville (formerly River Park Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Stones River Hospital in Woodbury (formerly Stones River Hospital)
- Saint Thomas DeKalb Hospital in Smithville (formerly DeKalb Community Hospital)
We also include Saint Thomas Medical Partners, a physician-led medical group providing primary care, specialty services, medical imaging, outpatient services and community-based medical practices through Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky.